Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I promise it won't fall off

Dear Sons,

I want to make a promise to you, it will not fall off. You do not need to hold it the whole time you watch TV, nobody is going to come out of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and take it away. You don't need to keep a firm grip on it while we walk through Target, it will stay put. Find something else to do in the car, read, color something, anything but please leave it alone.

While we are on the subject, a few reminders. It is not a sword, you do not use it to sword fight your brother before bath time. It is not a train, you do not need to run around screaming choo choo every time you get naked.

When you are in your rooms at night feel free to check on it's' well being at any point. But not at the dinner table, while you are playing baseball or at the pool.

I understand from your father that this is standard behavior with boys and something I will have to deal with throughout your tenure in our home.

But please, for the sake of your mommy's sanity, please, please, please, don't do it in front of me.

With love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Ahhhh... the joy of boys. I'll stick to the "baginas."