Thursday, August 13, 2009

Really Will I Ever Learn?????

After 3 children you would think I would learn. But no, today I hear my sweet baby M wake up from her nap. Playing, singing and hanging out in her bed. Then I hear the cry, the loud cry. I go into her room and there is baby M pointing at her hand. pooh, pooh, pooh. It is covered in poop. Yes, I put a child down for a nap in a diaper, just a diaper. It was not just her hand, her legs, the crib, 2 big lumps of poop and the crib covered in poop. Her sheet is soaking wet.

Leading me to wonder how long she has been like this. So 30 minutes before I have to pick my oldest up from camp, I now have to wipe up the baby (no time for a bath) clean up the poop, start laundry, get #2 up from his nap, pack a snack (for the love of ___ if I picked up from camp without a snack) and get to pickup.

I know better, this happened with another one of my children. I am suffering from mommy amnesia. I think we all have it. There are actually studies that show the brain cells lost during pregnancy are never recovered. That is really the main reason we are not having anymore kids. My husband is worried he will be married to a vegetable if we do. Then what would happen? Who would do the laundry, make all the appointments, clean, cook, shop, wipe boo boo's, take out the trash, make beds.....hmmm wait a minute, another baby is not such a bad idea.

No comments: