Friday, February 19, 2010

Dryer Drama Part Deaux: The Battle between the blower and garden hose

Just when you thought it was over.....

Monday when Mr Fix It from Sears showed up to fix the dryer (and came into my house w/out taking off his shoes grrrrr) he informed me that we need to have our ducts cleaned, which of course, he does not do. Sooo..Super Dad comes home and I inform him that the ducts have to be cleaned but we don't need to spend the $150 (mama needs shoes and maybe a purse). I inform him I have spoken to my buddy E and her hubby was able to clean theirs out himself with the leaf blower. Off he goes, 6:30 at night and upstairs with the leaf blower. Let me say I tried to capture the full escapade on film but I had 2 obstacles. The first parenting (damm kids ruining a good time for my blog audience) and the second, my hubby. He was not as amused as I was and was not interested in my docudrama ( never fear, I snapped a couple thanks to the old Blackberry)

It went something like this
Hubby: outside yelling up to me 'Start the blower"
Me: turn blower on manage kids, keep baby girl from screaming turn blower off
Hubby: runs upstairs sticks flour into the duct. Back downstairs to watch for the white smoke (new pope named at my house will release name at a later date)
Hubby: back up with the garden hose disappears into the attic



I wasn't able to get a picture of the garden hose that he brought upstairs and into the attic but....he ran the hose through the duct in the attic and into the laundry room to make sure the duct was clear

At one point during the chaos, hubby, middle boy, baby girl and myself are all outside looking for a vent in the dark while oldest boy was in the potty pooping. He had no idea any of this was going on and that he was in the house alone...must have been a good book he was reading on the potty!

Done. Dryer drama over, I am a little sad. It was really funny watching my husband drag garden supplies in and out of the house...oh well, I'm sure something else will break again soon

4 comments:

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Hahahahaha! You always make me laugh! Sounds just like my house. WHenever Hubs is working on a project I have to run and get everything, ticks me off! He'll climb up a latter then look down at me and say, "I need a phillips." I'm like..."sure." and off I go to get it....Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Elena Sonnino said...

Good job getting pics :) And I think convincing Super Dad that it was better to do in house so that you could buy those shoes and a purse was brilliant!

Rebecca said...

OMG...I have NEVER heard of this method!!! Hysterical!

Danifred said...

You guys are too funny! I love that A drug all that stuff into the house :)
Fun times!