Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday's Laundry....Spring Break Edition



We are 2 day's into Spring Break and I can tell it's going to be a long week. We have a beach trip on the horizon so as long as we survive the next 2 day's until we leave, I think we will all make it through the week with limited psychological damage.

So my laundry for the week. I have no control over my boy's. I think this is why I dread these long breaks. They are both really great, sweet kids but they gang up on me. I don't have a lot of patience. I will readily admit that. While they will play for hours on end with each other chaos always rears it's ugly head. Someone "accidentally" pushes someone down, takes something or is just generally annoying the crap out of the other. 

Last night was a perfect example. The boy's wanted to have a sleepover in boy 1's room. I expect a certain amount foolishness before they finally go to sleep. About an hour into this ill fated sleepover, I hear buy 2 trailing behind boy 1 "remember it was an accident, I didn't mean to do it"

Boy 1 comes into my room bleeding. Yes, bloody.

He opens his mouth to reveal that is semi loose tooth is now bleeding and hanging along with a bloody lip.

I can see the look of " oh shit how much trouble am I in" on boy 2's face.


So what's so dirty about this laundry.......

I am really bad with blood, really bad. Like so bad last year when my son pulled a TV over on himself (another story) and was bleeding like crazy, I almost passed out before the ambulance got to my house for him.

I am utterly useless in an emergency. I panic. I can't function. This is really terrifying as a mom. People say that your instincts kick in during an emergency. Not me. I suck.

I hope that my lack of emergency coping skills are not tested again often but with 2 boy's and a girl who is wilder then both boy's combined, I am afraid blood is going to be in my future again......just hope their dad is home

3 comments:

Babes Mami said...

I had my first incident with child blood today! My son has been 'crusing' and he bravely lunged for the table from the couch and hit his face, then his head on the way down. He got his first bloody lip and I didn't even freak! I was so proud.

BNM said...

LOL im not good with blood either, but other any other crisis i can deal with. my hubs is the one who panics! lol! Hope your beach trip goes "accident" free :)

Rebekah @ Mom-In-A-Million said...

Our first emergency was a fall at daycare that resulted in a 911 call and 10 stitches. I've never moved as fast as I did toward the door of my office when I got the call that C was hurt. I was breathing so hard when I got there that the EMTs weren't sure I was going to hold it together. (I did).